Thursday, November 12, 2015

good talk

I took the over-night bus from Madrid to Barcelona, arriving at 7 A.M., a good time.  I made my way to Las Ramblas, their famous and luxurious street. and got a room near the Opera House.  At the coastal-end of the street is a 7.2 metres statue of Columbus gazing towards the Americas, actually he's looking east.  I went to a travel agency and bought my ticket to London, I went to their Gothic Cathedral, regarded as a masterpiece, it has 500-year-old stained-glass windows.  I usually sleep-well on the bus, but didn't, and I kinda caved-in, as it was nearing the end of my trip, and I just went to a real-good supermarket on Las R. and got a lot of delicious, hot food, and took it back to my nice-room, and spent the rest of the day eating, watching TV, and sleeping, let my poor body heal-up, it was a real good day.  I don't use wheeled-luggage, like a sissy, and carry a heavy- bag around, and it weighs on you.  I woke-up refreshed, and straight-away went to the Museo Picasso, which you know would be quite good.  I went to their Museum of the City, which is built-around the original Roman Ruins, and it's real-good.  I went to their Contemporary Art Museum, and enjoyed-that.  I went to the Moorish-themed Guell Palace, an 1888 creation of Antoni Gaudi, and liked-that.  This was the 3rd time I've been to Barcelona, and previously had toured their 1992 Olympic Stadium, I've been in quite a few, actually.  In Spain, particularly Barcelona, you find a lot of thieves, as the effete Spanish allow their many Moroccans to steal with almost-impunity (I've met a lot of Moslems I've liked, but where you find Moslems you find thieves).  I was talking to a Spanish businessman and he said of the Moroccans ...They don't want to work, all they want to do is steal, I hate them... (come on, buddy, don't beat-around the bush, what do you really think)           

No comments: