Wednesday, January 6, 2016

good talk

Meadowlark Lemon passed recently at "83," I saw him with the Harlem Globetrotters in Frankfurt, Germany in Jan. 1955, with my father and older brother, he and they brought a lot of joy to a glub-world, he'll be missed.  That Shiite Cleric who was amongst the 47 executed in Saudi Arabia, I think he was hanged.  For criminals, they behead them, I once read about the, well, head-executioner, in Saudi Arabia, who does this.  He said that when he was in the Army, after evening prayers on Friday, when they do this, that he would go and watch, and thought, that's for me.  He got paid by piece-work, it ended with ...I want to cut-off more heads and make more money... such ambitions.  I always contribute $500 to the ASPCA on Jan. 6, the Feast of the Epiphany, a Holy Day of Obligation (go to Mass), and also my paternal grandmother's birthday, she seemed to like animals.  Indira (answers in Canada) thanked me for my "generosity," that's not much, and I expect this from each of you.  To make it easy, it's  1-212-876-7700.  I just came-across this receipt from the "Camellia Hotel" at 81 Thuoc Bac Str., Hanoi, Vietnam, where I stayed for a couple nights in May, 2005, and I wish I had come-across it earlier.  I had a nice, big, room for 7.50 U.S. a nite, and it was so muggy that I took 4 showers a day.  To the left of the hotel as you're facing-it from the street was a hovel where some lived some scuzzy family.  And in front of their residence they kept a small-cage with 2 adult cats within.  One of them seemed accustomed to his very cramped quarters, but the other cat was going-out-of-his mind, as he wanted to move about freely and not be tortured in this very-constricted space.  I spoke to these people, they didn't know English but knew exactly what I was saying from my harsh-tone while looking at them while pointing at the cage.  They were unmoved, these who lived in this hovel weren't the sharpest blades in the drawer, who knows what were their motives.  All the other Vietnamese felt exactly about it as you and me, they wanted to help the cats but didn't know what to do, they said that in Vietnam, animals have no rights.  This was a long-time ago, and I'm really sorry that I didn't come-across this receipt earlier, but I wonder if that scum-family is still living there and if this situation exists today.

No comments: