Thursday, March 3, 2016

good talk

I Google everybody I can think of.  I just Googled someone, and we had worked at the same place in San Diego, she as a secretary in her mid 20's, and she died in 2011. She was a very friendly person and was well-liked.  There was a guy she liked who liked her, then he told me that she had said that she had taken the "methadone-treatment," that is, she was a recovering heroin-addict ...And that really turned-me-off... She had some really-good qualities, she had tremendous energy and zeal for work, she'd often work 8 hours and then go home and put in another 6 for no extra pay.  She was kind to animals.  She left after a couple years and I always wondered what became of her.  She was born in Coronado at the Naval Hospital, and her father was a retired naval officer, then he was a teacher in San Diego, and retired from that.  Her mother had inherited, and they were quite wealthy.  Most people who die don't get their Obituaries in the newspaper, if they do it's usually because their relatives want people to know of this because they had lived accomplished-lives and their leaving would be of concern to many.  But she had never done anything after I last saw her, and had no friends. I think that the 2 years that I knew her were probably the highlight of her life.  Her mother was gone, but she had her father. The photo was of her youth, a green-eyed natural-blonde wearing a strand of pearls.  ...Beatrice passed uncomplaining from breast cancer, beloved daughter                                           

No comments: