Wednesday, March 22, 2017

good talk

Due to the happenings, a trial-judge calling a cessation for the day, interrupting a prosecutor's rebuttal  ...hmph, hmph, hmph  ...M'Lord, M'Lord...  The costs of medical-care in this country are so outrageous primarily due to the costs of medicines.  In 2008, I flew to Cairo, with an 8-hour stopover in Brussels, naturally, I wasn't hanging-around the dull airport, I took public transpo into the center.  I had no coat, and was wearing a ban-lon, and it was quite-cold, an older lady commented ...You'll catch pneumonia...  I did, even tho I had been vaccinated 9 months before.  Saw their cathedral, nothing, and their very-good art museum.  By the 2nd day in Cairo, I was coughing every few seconds, and did this all night.  This didn't stop my activities at all, I saw what I wanted, pyramids, Egyptial Museum, and so on, in and around Cairo, and did this in Luxor (at the 3-star I stayed-at, the lady who was the housekeeper, molded the bath towels, into swans and other pleasing-shapes).  Back to Cairo, and bought a ticket at a Copt Travel Agency (oldest Christian Sect), for Kuwait, never been there.  My 2nd day in Kuwait, I went to a pharmacy, and these were also Copts, husband and wife pharmacists, and they had their little boy in there, Sat., and the lady was showing him how to keep the books.  The lady said, ...boy are you...  No, the symptoms of my malady were evident, and she brought me 2 Swiss Pharmaceuticals, and some Egyptian cough-syrup, and said follow the instructions.  The total cost was 36 U.S.  I took the 2 types of pills, the cough-syrup was inconsequential, and was cured in 4 days.  Whenever I've encountered the Coptics (the women stand-out as usually or maybe always wearing a crucifix around their neck, in a Moslem world), I've found-them very good people.  I wanted to send-them a thank you card, but somehow lost their address, probably due to being so bad-off.  Like Don, I too, am a germaphobe, every morning I take a long, hot shower, and instead of toweling-off, I spray-myself with 91% alcohol from top to bottom and let it dry, takes but a few minutes (now, he'll do this).  Born dirty, die clean

No comments: