Tuesday, July 11, 2017

good talk

The 24 Hour Fitness SuperSport at 5035 W. Tropicana in Las Vegas, is a refuge for big drug-dealers and pimps, they're allowed to use the facility as their safe-harbor.  On an upbeat athletic-note, yesterday, I took-in the NBA Summer League, I saw 16 teams play, yeah.  The Thomas-Mack seats 19 thou, while across the hall is Cox Arena, which seats 5 thou, and seeing a game there, you're really on top of things.  A game begins in Cox, while a game begins in the T-M, a half-hour later, 4 games in each.  When a game ends, the next 2 teams rush-out.  I'd see a half in Cox, then a short-walk across the hall to see a half, I was there from 1 to 9:30 P.M., I had no food, I hope to soon recover.  The teams are young guys, with brief or no NBA experience, there's the prized-rookies, but most are hungry-fellows trying to win a job, some will.  The caliber of ball is very-high, just to be allowed to go-out for an NBA team, you have to be very-good.  De'Aaron Fox showed-us why he was the 5th pick in the recent NBA Draft, and I'm telling-you that D.J. Wilson, "21", 6'10" and 240 lbs., who only started one year at Michigan, is an absolute-steal for the Milwaukee Bucks as the 17th pick, he shoots 3's, he handles the ball-well, I wish the Cavs had him.  There's a lot of former players in attendance, you see many very-tall guys in their 40's and 50's, all looking pretty-good having kept themselves-up, the tickets are all general admission, grab a seat where you can, $33                                        

No comments: