Sunday, December 3, 2017

good talk

The Public Libraries in San Diego and Las Vegas feel the observant-need to be closed for 2 days for Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, and this at a time when much of the taxpaying-Public has it off and might want to go there.  I'm at the Flamingo Library now, a real-nice facility, but Bum Central, the Homeless are allowed to belch, curse, scream, any deviation they wish, most regular-people won't come in here, I'm not picky about my surroundings, but could do without it.  I saw "The Foreigner" at Tropicana Cinemas at Trop and Pecos ($2, $1 on Tues.), with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan, pretty-good, these with Micks all worked-up about their supposed-rights are always.  Last nite I saw UNLV play U. of Arizona, good close game, that UNLV could have won but bricked-it at the end of Regulation and Overtime. UNLV was horrible last year, but with new players, pretty-good, often the best for your team is that the old players leave.  They were giving-out a real-fine shirt to Students, black with UNLV Runnin' Rebels (only the basketball team is this), on it, I said, I'm a Student, and he said, what size, he was a nice Kid, I paid good for my seat, I'll probably send it to my brother, in Cleveland, it'll look exotic to them.  I've been getting a lot of undeserved-flak from my British Readers about that real-big picture of my Father and other Officers standing with the Duke of Windsor and the English Worker (See My Blog for Nov. 16, 2008), a moving-illustration of the Royals' love for their People, and not knowing if my Family still has it.  In due-time I'll contact my Brother, Bob, hopefully it's still-around, I don't want us to come across as being Cold                                                     

No comments: