Tuesday, December 26, 2017

good talk

I just re-read my brother, Bob's, article on Jeff Buxton, wrestling coach at Blair Academy, in the October 2012, Amateur Wrestling News.  Years ago, when I read-it, I thought the info good, but his writing-style not-as, I gave it a "Cplus".  I told my friend, Brad Jacot (jah-coe), who had a scholarship to U.Washington (record of 80-7), and teaches high school English, to read it, and he said he'd give-it an "A".  Upon, re-reading, it's better than I had thought.  At any rate, his article is very-uplifting, to read it would do you some good.  Ohio State's Kyle Snyder, won an Olympic Gold Medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics at 97 kg. (213.4 lbs.), only "20", the youngest American Olympic Gold Medal Wrestler, ever.  During the 2015-2016 NCAA Season, Kyle, only 5'11', 226 lbs., competed as a Heavyweight, that is, against opponents who would weigh as much as 285 lbs., and on March 20, 2016, he met 2-time and defending NCAA Heavyweight Champion, Nick Gwiazdowski, in the NCAA Championships, at a sold-out Madison Square Garden (broadcast live and in primetime on ESPN).  Nick and Kyle locking-up had been chosen by the Fans to be the final-match of the tournament, with Nick putting his 88 match win-streak on the line, Kyle winning dramatically, 7-5 in OT (and don't we men wish we had been there).  Kyle defended his NCAA Championship in 2017, and has won a number of international-competitions.  Now "22", and a Senior at Ohio State, Kyle has expressed an interest in competing in Mixed Martial Arts, I don't think it a very-refined Sport, and don't think he should                                                                                                                             

No comments: