Thursday, October 24, 2013

good talk

As I took an early morning bus to Munich from Berlin I just spent the night in the Bus Station dozing in a chair, then I'm already there and don't have to rush, don't cost nuthin'.  Then in Munich I did the same thing only in the Train Station, I've done this in Airports and everything else all over the World works out fine.  Arriving in Rimini a popular resort city on the Adriatic I checked into a nice hotel across from the Train Station.  From there the next morning I took a 45 minute bus ride up into the Appenine Mountains to my 115th Country the beautiful San Marino.  Founded in 301 A.D. by St. Marinus it has a population of 32,000 and claims to be the World's oldest Republic (perhaps like W. Virginia whose Motto is "Montani Semper Liberi," Mountaineers Stay Free).  One of the wealthiest countries in Europe it has no Nat'l Debt (Calvin Coolidge paid off a quarter of the U.S. Nat'l Debt during his 6 years as President by cutting taxes and reducing federal expenditures, how else would you do it).  Only 24 sq. mi. and totally surrounded by Italy, I was in their Historical Museum, their Government Palace in which there's a bust of Abraham Lincoln upon whom they bestowed Honorary Citizenship which Abe accepted, their Church of the Cappuccini, and their Cesta and Guaita Fortresses, to behold the beautiful Adriatic from the equally beautiful mountain scenery as well as all these attractions was very exciting. Both nights that I stayed at my hotel I set off the fire alarm around 4 A.M. first by using water with a little bleach to wash some clothes and then the next night (hey, I had the windows open this time and thought I'd be OK) by soaking my trusty feet which had carried me to 115 countries (Feats of Skill).  The Good Innkeepers were no doubt happy that I had chosen to stay there.               

No comments: