Tuesday, October 15, 2013

good talk

Every 2 weeks in Europe there's a National Holiday one reason why they don't amount to a Hill of Beans and I couldn't get a train ticket to go to Rimini, Italy but luckily I could get to Munich by bus.  Once there I could proceed by train.  On the train was a doctor's wife who was taking their 2 little kids to Italy to go camping while her husband worked and she told me that I have a bad name for Bavaria...What....She said that in Bavaria they call "Malintentioned Outsiders" "Preussen" that is Prussians (my surname is Preusse).  I had been to Bavaria lots and hadn't hear this, I asked is that because of the 30 Years War and she and a young guy said yes (in Europe things from hundreds of years ago are often as though it were 2 weeks).  I talk a lot and speak my mind and I was telling of Europe's Faults specifically their Work Ethic, later while passing the doctor's wife threw a very hard elbow into my ribs (now you're upset).  When they were getting off I told her I'm sorry if my opinion disturbed you.  I enjoyed my trip, there was a nice young German Guy who taught English and had been in Australia for a year and spoke with that accent, he was going to see his girlfriend in Rivoli he was a good conversationalist and good company.        

No comments: