Tuesday, October 8, 2013

good talk

I arrived in Berlin and stayed at an "A O Hostel" they're throughout Germany.  It cost 29 Euros and 6 for a buffet breakfast, hey my 47 day trip cost 7 thou I wanted to economize somewhere, besides I like to meet people. I was in a nice 2-room deal with one older guy, Ernd. I've been to Berlin many times but had never been to Potsdam, most closely associated with Frederick the Great.  I went to Sanssouci (Fr. for Carefree) Fred's original Palace, Rococo it was real good.  Fred is buried out back and I said some prayers for him.  Then I went to the Neues Palace which is Baroque and much more elaborate in order to show his power, in Frederick's words "to show off."  Frederick the Great was "Konige von Preussen," my surname is Preusse (means "Prussian" in German) so my being there was very apropos.                                                    

No comments: