Thursday, September 4, 2014

good talk

We got our Flag from my Uncle's Casket.  My mother's uncle, my great-uncle, was with the Americans in France during WW 1 and was mustard-gassed.  It didn't kill him immediately but it shortened his life and he died in his early 40's.  We're losing our American Culture, why, there's hardly any Americans who know how to do the "Rebel Yell" (a series of quick, high-pitched screams).  Eerily, I've heard the UNLV Cheerleaders do it perfectly.  I see my Primary Care Doctor every 4 months.  At the end of our meeting I always thank her cordially and she acknowledges cordially, then we part.  But last October, instead at the end, she ran out of the room.  I told this to Scott and he said, What did you do to her?  ...Nuthin'...  I don't get along with anybody all the time.  At my Health Club they have fine facilities, amongst them a steam bath.  And I get right next to where the steam is coming out and see how much and how long I can take.  You build up your stamina.  Scott is the only one I've seen, of the great many, who can take it as long as I can, to me, this means the "Steam-Off Challenge" where the 2 of us go until only one is left sitting (the loser crawling towards the door).  

No comments: