Tuesday, September 30, 2014

good talk

Recently I saw Mark Harmon, the long-time TV Actor, on CBS This Morning.  Mark's Uncle and my Father were Team-mates on the Akron Goodyear Wingfoots (See My Blogs for Dec. 19, 2008 and April 1, 2013) Basketball Team (as late as 1964 4 Wingfoots were on the Gold Medal Winning U.S. Olympic Basketball Team).  And Mark's Father was Tom Harmon who won the Heisman Trophy at Michigan, while Mark was the Star Quarterback for UCLA.  Athleticism went deeper in the Harmon Family than the Preusse Family, you wouldn't think he'd be my Sire as I've always been rather delicate.  My Dad was the only member of the Wingfoots to actually be from Akron, and all of the little Akronites were so proud that one of their own was that good.  No, the Postal Inspectors never found out who robbed that big U.S. Post Office across from UNLV (they can look in the mirror) with me losing 18 days of Mail they were "holding" for me (I pay $140 a year for my Box, they advertise their Boxes as "To Hold and Secure Your Mail").  I asked the U.S. Post Office for a partial-refund, all-considering their inept failure cost me heavily, I don't even know how heavily as a lot of the Mail you get you're not expecting, and they told me to Pound Salt.  The previous 2 Summers I received packages at this Post Office that were somewhat heat-damaged.  This past Summer I ordered the same product for about the same cost, $470, and specified that it be sent by UPS, and I received it in Perfect Condition.  The U.S. Post Office in its current incarnation ....  Go Big Brown, Go ...

No comments: