Wednesday, November 26, 2014

good talk

I was Optimistic when Bob McDonald took over as Director of the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs as he had been CEO of Proctor and Gamble. But McDonald is Proving and Will Continue To, Be a Total Bust.  In the 20 Years that I've had Truck with the VA, I've written the VA Headquarters in D.C. once or twice a year with various concerns.  I do this for myself and also for the many Vets who can no longer write a good letter.  In July, I sent a letter via regular mail, to the VA in D.C., in which I explained that I had just had a Colonoscopy without Anesthetic at VA in San Diego (had a 3-foot cable shoved ...) and that this was my 4th Colonoscopy and the first without Anesthetic, and that I found it unpleasant, at best, and that I only wanted them, henceforth, while under Local Anesthetic (an IV of JoyJuice and you wouldn't care if they said they were going to toss you out the window).  I said that VA San Diego wanted me to have another in several months, and that I'd  be happy (be so happy) to comply with their Wishes, but that since they won't give you a Colonoscopy with Local Anesthetic unless you have a Driver, and they check his Driver's License, waiting for you while you undergo the Colonoscopy, that they can have me wait several hours before leaving, or put me up in the Hospital (they've done this often before).  I explained in the Letter that Today Many Vets Live Alone and Have No One who will Wait for Them a Couple Hours and Drive Them Away, and That This Was a Practical Solution.  It's Been Over 4 Months and I've Received No Reply from the VA Headquarters in Washington D.C., so I Guess I'm Not Going To.  For the Previous 20 Years I'd Send the VA in D.C. a Nice Letter and they'd Send Me a Nice Letter, But Since McDonald Has Become Director of the VA, They Won't Reply to the Veterans' Letters.  The Federal Entities Are Disintegrating.                     

No comments: