Friday, June 26, 2015

good talk

On Tuesday I had skin-cancers removed from my face up at the VA Hospital in LaJolla, and the next 2 days I felt weak and sick, not due to any slicing, never for this, but the food I ate there.  This is the 2nd time in the past  2 years I've had food-poisoning from eating there.  In recent years there've been a lot of dogs brought into that hospital, Tues. I even saw a poodle with a "Service-Dog" blanket on him.  Service-Dogs are allowed in there, but why, they have people to do anything you need.  That hospital is real unsanitary and I'm not eating there any longer, I'll brown-bag it or whatever.  I finally cured my malaise by goin' to a real good 24-Hr Fitness steam bath, using it extensively.  I've written VA headquarters in D.C. twice since Bob McDonald has been Director and neither have I received a reply. Always in the 21 years I've patronized the VA Medical have I received a reply after writing VA headquarters except with McDonald.  I write a real letter, you know, with a stamp, to VA headquarters once or twice a year.  Not just for me but for the other Vets, most of whom can't write a good letter, if they ever could.  I was real optimistic when Bob McDonald was chosen to head-up the VA as he had been CEO of Proctor & Gamble, the recent VA budgets have been 150 bil, what they spend in a year, as he had succeeded so well in business it seemed he'd be perfect.  The Vets are real-interesting guys, for one thing, many have killed other men.  Most recently, I talking to a guy in his 80's who said that he'd been at the Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War, he was a real-kindly grandfatherly-type guy, it would have been hard to imagine him otherwise ...You'd get out of there if you could, but you can't, it's kill or be killed...

No comments: