Thursday, July 28, 2016

good talk

Chris Sale of the White Sox, is having a great season for his team, but if ever there was a brat, I'll bet some of women would like to bend Chris over your knee.  Every 4 months I have blood taken at the VA in LaJolla, to be analyzed before my Primary Care appt.  In June, the room was full of guys, and just one phlebotomist, and she was also doing the office-work, going back and forth.  She said that 4 of the phlebotomists had called-in to say they would be late.  I heard one guy say, why would there be 4, and, my appointment for Cardiology was a half-hour ago.  Eventually, a couple more showed-up, and they still don't take your blood the correct and easy-way, for me, this time, she had some weird-device such that her hands could be free while my blood was taken.  55% of the doctors in the country have had some of their training at the VA.  In Feb., I had a lipoma cut-out of my back by a young gal, who had her Medical Degree from Harvard.  Observing my skin-cancer operation in June, was one who had a degree from Oxford, on and on, they have impressive people as VA doctors.  It's sort-of like a chef who has the best ingredients, but still has a hard-time turning-out good dishes.  The VA messes-up too much.  If Don gets elected he says he'll reform the VA, a great idea.  But it should be more along the lines of rooting-out corruption and getting-more cohesion.  There's 24 mil Vets, many of whom go to the VA, and they take a pride in that they're better than everybody else, they have to be separate, you can't throw them-in another medical system.   And they vote, you don't want an unnecessary fight that you can't win     

No comments: