Sunday, July 24, 2016

good talk

I have a huge no. of hits from Russia (so hire me Vlad, you old swine, I'll work for anybody who'll pay me good).  The first time I was in Cambodia, I flew into Phnom Penh, saw the sights, then took a boat down Tonle Sap Lake and River to Siem Reap, and this was quite difficult as the water-level was so low, the boat kept coming to a stop, and it was a big effort (very bumpy) for the 2 Johnson Engines to get us there.  And then, I was at the Angkor Wat with people I met, they were nice, but I have to be by myself so I can go at my own laborious pace, yeah, the first time wasn't too absorbent.  This time, after my fill of the great-temple, the next day, I went to Bayon and Angkor Thom, 2 very beautiful temples and saw them for the bulk of the day (very muggy, saps your strength, makes you wonder how the Khmers had the energy to build these, ha).  Then I returned to Siem Reap and spent the last 3 hours of the day, until closing, in the Angkor National Museum.  Siem Reap is the ultimate in tourist destinations, you've done yourself a lot of good intellectually, and it's fun, and cheap even.  At these hotels I stayed-at on this trip, very few had TV channels in English, that's all right, just look at what they got, in their language             

No comments: