Thursday, September 15, 2016

good talk

I had pneumonia in 2008 when I had an 8 hour layover in Brussels on my way to Cairo, I had the pneumonia-vaccination for all the good it did.  I wasn't going to hang-around the airport for so long, I took mass-transpo into Brussels and saw the sights.  I usually think I'm invincible, I was running-around in a Ban-Lon and it was quite cold, some lady said ...You'll get pneumonia...  I saw their Cathedral, not very impressive, and was 5 hours in their Museum of Art, which was real-good.  My first day in Cairo, I started coughing, and soon I was coughing every few-seconds.  I did the Egyptian Museum and Great Pyramids, etc. for 3 days, my 4th time doing-this, and headed-down to Luxor, doing the Valley of the Kings, Temple of Karnak, etc., my malady not impeding-me at-all.  I basically just lay-there coughing all night (stayed in a 3-Star, the maid expertly shaped the bath-towels like a swan and other pleasing-shapes), Egypt is cheap, always had 2 dinners on their roof, in the early-evening.  But I was pretty sick, really.  Back up to Cairo, and bought a cheap-ticket from a Copt Travel Agency, to fly to Kuwait City, in the late afternoon.  Took a long-time to get through "Immigration," there were a couple American-guys in their 30's, and the one was telling-me ...You're not acting-right (I was sweating and coughing)... and was making similar innuendo at some-length, I'm sure he meant-well, but he was bugging-me, his friend didn't say anything, just smiled.  The next-day I'm seeing the sights, and I also see a pharmacy, and these were Copts, a husband, wife, and little-boy, his mother was teaching to do the books.  Upon hearing my complaint, the lady gave me 2 Swiss Pharmaceuticals, and some Egyptian Cough Syrup, the total bill was 36 U.S.  I followed the instructions on the boxes, and was cured in a day and a half.  The Copts were the first Christian Sect, founded when St. Mark arrived in Alexandria in 48 A.D. (In 68 A.D., Mark was martyred when worshipers of the pagan god, Serapsis, tied-him to a horse and dragged-him thru the streets for 2 days), the women stand-out in a Moslem World, as they always have a crucifix around their neck.  From my experience, the Copts are very-good people, smart and very-helpful, I was certainly-grateful in this instance

No comments: