Thursday, September 1, 2016

good talk

Kyle Snyder of Ohio State, who won the NCAA Heavyweight Championship, this past March even tho he was only 5'11" and 226 lbs., often wrestling against guys who weighed 285 lbs., which I would think to be impossible, was named the winner of the Dan Hodge Trophy, for outstanding college wrestler, for 2016 (See My Blog for Aug. 10, 2009).  Winning the only Olympic Gold Medal for the U.S. in Men's Freestyle Wrestling at the Rio Olympics, Kyle was given $250,000, a nice piece of change.  I asked my brother, Bob, if he himself, was in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Ok., and he said ...I'm not of that caliber, that's the Supreme Honor...  He said that he's mentioned in-there for winning the Dellinger Award, as best wrestling-writer for 2001.  He might-be more modest than myself                                   

No comments: