Tuesday, September 20, 2016

good talk

I used to take as many photos as anyone else, but for the past, maybe, 15 years, I just go with a 27-shot flash Fuji disposable, the last cost about 10 bucks at Wal-Mart.  I rarely see anything that I think, now, there's a picture.  And, if I ask someone to take my picture in front of something, which I often do, nobody would try to run-off with it, would they.  On this past trip of 48 days to lots of fab-places, I took 23 pictures.  That wonderful-day, when I was outside of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, almost into Russia, it was so cold on May 5, that my hand was so-frozen that I dropped my camera from shoulder-height on the solid-pebble-inbedded ground, it hit with a "crack" and the flash went-off indicating it had taken a shot.  I just picked-it-up, shook-it and there was no sound, wiped-it-off, and put-it back in my case, I figured it was intact, not-broke.  Now, if this were any other camera, say, the ones that all of you snobs use, it would've been real-broke, you'd be out-of-luck.  I got home, and had the film developed into beautiful 5x7's, duplicates, for about $50, sending a set to Bob in Cleveland (don't you wish you were related to me).  It's the King-Tiger of cameras.   While at the Panda Preserve in Chengdu, China, I was ready to snap a picture of 3 baby Pandas cavorting in a tree, you know how cute that looks (maybe not), as my index-finger went-down on the button, a girl, about "16", bumped my right-shoulder in her eagerness to behold ...You Idiot...  Immediately, a girl, say, "20", very-loudly  ...You look like a gentleman (I'm always assumed to be an English gentleman) and you say that to her!  And she went on and on, yet again, very-loudly, now, I'm not going to stand-there and let someone lay into-me, I responded in kind, this went-on for awhile.  She spoke perfect English, not many of the Chinese speak English, much less well, knowing you people you're wondering, what did she look-like, pretty-good.  The younger-girl was probably her sister, and maybe a little-slow, she her fierce-protector.  Did this make a scene, nah, how many witnessed, 60.  I didn't think much about-it until I got Stateside, but now find-it unfortunate.  Hopefully this doesn't have you thinking less of me                     

No comments: