Wednesday, December 21, 2016

good talk

Some woman named Liz Weston had a column in the Nov. 27, 2016 "Las Vegas Review-Journal", extolling the virtues of the great "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau"  ...Created by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act that President-elect Donald Trump has vowed to repeal, the CFPB launched five years ago to protect the little guy...   ...Forced multiple credit card issuers--including American Express, Bank of America, Chase and Citibank--to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation to consumers over illegal practices, including unfair billing and deceptive marketing...  See My Blogs for Oct. 8, 2015, June 21, 2015, and Mar. 24, 2016  Citibank lured-me into getting a credit card that had no rewards for the several thousand points that I've accrued, due to my trusting them after having Citibank accounts for 23 years.  No doubt, Citibank did this with a multitude of senior citizens.  I still don't know who got all these supposed hundreds of millions of dollars that Citibank was forced to pay to these wronged credit card holders.  If Donald will make Citibank finally do right by me, I'd think it a good-thing.  The whatschamacallit is yet another malfeased federal agency that needs to be trumped

No comments: