Wednesday, January 11, 2017

good talk

I just applied for a new passport, tho I had 4 years left on my current, it's almost filled-up, I wasn't allowed to get extra-pages.  For this new one, you can check that you want 52 pages instead of 28, apparently for the same $110, so that's good.  But in my current is my 10-year China Visa, which I got last April in Hong Kong for $280, I'm sure you just have to bring along the old one to get into China.  It's only the Americans and the Brits who have to pay so much.  There's supposed to be some security-measure that makes it advantageous to get a U.S. passport this year.  I'd like to go to Iran, it'd be like Cuba, I was there in 2010, and tho there's no U.S. Consulate things went swimmingly.  But all tourists can roam-about as they wish in Iran except for Americans and Brits, who have to be on a tour, which I'm not doing, as tours are clunky and weird and not nearly as much fun.  I need to roam-about as I wish.  What's with this picking-on the U.S. and U.K?   Something should be done about it.

No comments: