Wednesday, January 18, 2017

good talk

I thought maybe I'd start something like the Lemmings Leap, I'm disappointed. Puerto Rico became an American possession after the Spanish-American War in 1898 (See My Blog for July 18, 2014), and Puerto Ricans have been, by an act of Congress, born American Citizens since 1917.  Esteban Santiago, who shot-up the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (I've flown in and out, who hasn't), is a casualty of Bush the Younger's wild-intrusion into the Middle East, destabilizing-it forever.  Even after Saddam was found to have no "weapons of mass destruction", Bush was re-elected and the U.S. is still in Iraq (?).  And young Santiago, a combat-veteran of Iraq was driven-insane by the harshness, all this is Bush's and you Lemmings' fault for following him.  Soon after 9-11, I was in D.C., and was taking the city-bus to Walter Reed Hospital, on which grounds was the National Museum of Health and Medicine (it was neat, had all kinds of stuff, even had skull fragments from Lincoln's assassination).  While on the bus (like to meet people), I had struck-up a conversation with an Army Sergeant from Puerto Rico who worked at Walter Reed.  At the gate, as this was right after 9-11, they weren't going to let me, and they wouldn't have, except for the good Sergeant telling them  ...he's my guest...

No comments: