Sunday, January 29, 2017

good talk

We all loved Mary Tyler Moore.  Last nite on Showtime, I watched Leo Santa Cruz win a majority-decision over Carl Frampton, who had won the 1st time they met at 126 lbs. (Featherweight), I was in my abode, a half-mile from the MGM.  I never thought I'd see someone standing-up to Mexico.  For the past 50 years, it's been like, Mexico is some basket-case incapable of anything other than breeding hordes of people (Mexico's population, not counting those in the U.S., is 130 mil, in 1960 it was 35 mil, at least we know they like each other).  Expectations of Mexico being responsible for it's own citizens are way-way overdue.  I don't believe that I was mistaken in believing that the TV Media are no-nonsense types, who think that fun is a waste of time, and what they enjoy is work.  In "The Founder", Ray says ...hearts and contracts are made to be broken...

No comments: