Saturday, September 16, 2017

good talk

Yesterday was Mexican Independence Day, and due to that and the Golovkin-Alvarez fight tonite at 160 lbs., the traffic in LV has been intense for the past 3 days (if you like to go-over manhole-covers, you should come to LV, all the roads are covered-with them?).  This is the greatest boxing-match in the world over the past few years.  Gennady Golovkin is much bigger than Saul Alvarez, and had a scare in his last fight, when many thought that Danny Jacobs had won, many thought Golovkin won, and he did drop Jacobs in the 4th Rd.  This close-call was good for Golovkin, and he'll resume his knockout-ways tonite,  I see him stopping Alvarez in the 10th (I could have gotten a Draw at 18-1, and was thinking about putting $500 on this long-shot, I didn't bet).  My DNA revealed 0% Black blood, and 0% Indian (blood of the Americas), as my mother's ancestors first came here around 1650, and the last of them came 200 years ago, I had to wonder-some, I didn't know what these people did, ha.  I'm 39% British and 15% Celtic, that is, from Wales and Scotland, her ancestry was right-on with what she had said, her ancestors were so stuck on themselves that over centuries they only bred within their ethnicity or close, and that's wonderful.  On my father's side, it was sort-of within the realm of what I had imagined, all in all, I'm 99% European and 1% West Asian, that's like an Armenian or Turk, from around there (how that got in, your guess is better than mine).  A couple days ago, I was in the Flamingo Library, and a familiar worded that at a nearby apt. complex some guy was up on the roof threatening to jump, and that there were 20 police cars with all the nearby streets blocked-off.  I got-out a couple hours later and drove-around, and there was nothing unusual, I read in the paper, the next day, this guy jumped.  He no longer has any problems, but as long as you're here, you might as well stick-around.  5 times as many men commit suicide, more of an ego to support.  Pity                                                                           

No comments: