Tuesday, September 19, 2017

good talk

I was listening to "Shape of You" on the way over, I like that tune, probably because the video has a boxing motif  ...my bedsheets smell like you...  My mother's blood was better than my father's, his was pretty-good, hers was the best, I wonder why she married him, I don't know what we'd be doing about it.  I've noticed for long that women make terrible boxing judges, there's one who "The Ring" said shouldn't be doing it, and this was 6 years ago, and she's still at it.  You'd think anybody could be trained to do it well, apparently-not, trying to force-feed women into everything is a mistake, sure, some of them were bribed, but for the most-part they're just bad.  All of Press Row had either a Draw or Golovkin winning, any combo would have given-it to Gennady, no one had Alvarez winning except that woman-person.  Women are better at knitting, men at boxing judgin'.  I just came from Trump International Hotel, off the Strip, where they're having a Red Cross Blood Drive, today (more talk of blood, hey), where I donated a pint of my sweet-blood, I'm considered to have Rare Blood, they cut my pint 6 ways and give-it to Preemies.  Only 6% of the adults in the U.S. donate, hardly anybody in Las Vegas, tho in the MidWest where I'm from it's 10%.  Being so cowardly that you're afraid of a little-needle is a serious-problem (go see the Wizard?).  I was really disappointed, a lot of the big-places that host a drive, have, say, a ballroom, a nice really-big room, where they set-up and it's a spacious, pleasant, atmosphere for donors and phlebotomists, this thing was a bloodmobile in the parking lot, a really chintzy-offering (when my brother, Bob, was a restaurant-manager, he told the staff, never do anything that makes you look cheap).  And often you get a little-something from the host, say, a free lunch, the Trump  International Hotel had nothing after we gave blood, sweat, toil, and tears, their contribution was space in the parking-lot for the bloodmobile, I wanna free gift, I wanna free gift            

No comments: