Wednesday, September 6, 2017

good talk

I just came from Mass at St. Viator, here in Las Vegas, it was a High Mass with 200 children from their school present, as well as other parishioners, requested for the repose of the soul of a red-headed Jew.  Ron (Ronald Jacob Reiner), and I were good friends at Akron Firestone, nicest-boy you'd ever want to meet (put up with me),  Ron could do anything, fine-tune a car, anything you could think of, he was kind, always smiling and good-humored, a Math whiz, he got a perfect "800" on the Math portion of the SAT, he didn't study for it, he walked thru the door and took the test.  Never missed a school dance, always with a different-girl, Reiner wasn't far from being perfect.  He went to Carnegie-Mellon, a year behind him, who he knew, was Judy Resnik, I knew her slightly at Firestone.  Ron got a PhD in Math, and functioned-well of course, throughout his life, until he got Parkinson's Disease at "47", and for the last 20 years of his life. Parkinson's won't kill you outright but will shorten your life.  I always had that feeling about Ron, that he'd have a wonderful-life, if only he wouldn't get hit by a car or come-down with some disease.  He passed 12 days shy of turning "68".  And my parents were good friends with Ron's, his Dad was an M.D., and my older brother, Bob, dated his sister, Louise, Bob said she was beautiful, and she probably was.  Every 2 years I have 4 Masses apiece said for my paternal Grandmother, my younger-brother, Tom, and a couple or a few others   ...Rest In Peace, Bud...                                        

No comments: