Sunday, September 10, 2017

good talk

I love those Caribbean islands, great-swimming in warm salt-water, they're all Black there, usually quite-nice.  Antigua and Barbuda is one country, as Barbuda is sparsely-populated, you had to buy a day-tour to successfully get-around, that included boat over and back, they drive you around to the beaches and wherever-else, do some hiking, lunch.  Possibly sizing-me up as the best-tipper in our group of 10, at lunch they gave-me the biggest cooked-lobster I've seen, I'd dip it into liquid-butter, man, that was good eatin'.  That was a wonderful-day, but every so often in the Carib., you get wiped-out, and that happened there (Antigua's highest "mountain" is Mt. Obama).  On the 40 mile ferry boat-ride back to Antigua, some native-woman got sick, and these 2 guys were holding-her up so she could barf over the side, it's not funny.  Watching at least part of  "Horror Hotel" has become my Sunday nite ritual.  Lamia is a vampire (I wasn't quite sure, I knew she was something), she says that it's not true that vampires have to stay inside during the day, and that she goes-out, tho, of course, she prefers the nite.  The Akron-Cleveland area has a long TV tradition of camp horror films and amusing MC's, Ghoulardi often mocked the movies he showed  ...This one is worse than the last...  Lamia is quite-funny and cute, interspersed with old, 20 thou films, some good.  Fri. nite I saw a real-good boxing-card at the Hard Rock, highlighted by David Benavidez winning  the WBC Super Middleweight (168) Championship in a 12 Round Split-Decision over Ronald Gavril, a Romanian based in Las Vegas (shown on Showtime).  Gavril put Benavidez down in the 12th, but it wasn't enuf, one of the judges liked-him.   The undercard was great, 7 fights there, and all those boys fought like heck, Caleb Plant, a young Hillbilly from Tenn., was impressive, also at 168 lbs.  The place was packed, with loud-thudding music whenever no one was fighting, it wasn't good Rock, there were some Hispanics sitting behind me, I heard one say, I was named for warm weather                                                                    

No comments: