Monday, August 10, 2009

good talk

A couple of days ago I gave Blood yet again. The Preemies have never done anything for me and probably never will but if You can do Something for Somebody you should just pitch in and Do It. You might not know what I'm talking about. At times the Employees have Chortled with Glee while I'm being drained of the Blood that they're so Thirsty For, eh Take their Work Seriously. The "Dan Hodge Trophy" is awarded each year to the Outstanding Wrestler in Collegiate Wrestling. It's named after Dan Hodge who was a 3-time NCAA Champion who had a perfect record of 46-0 while at the U. of Oklahoma. Born in 1932 Dan's mother died when he was "12" and his father took him to live with relatives on a farm while he worked in the oil fields. Dan said, "...They used to hit me. I wanted to get so strong that the next hand that hit me, I could break that hand." A Sports Star in High School Dan won a Scholarship to the U. of O. and afterwards was a 2-time Olympian and won a Silver Medal in the 1956 Olympics. Dan Hodge then became a professional Heavyweight Boxer posting a very good record of 8-2 before he launched a Lengthy and Lucrative Career as a Professional Wrestler. I was watching the 2006 NCAA Wrestling Championships on TV and the "74" year old Dan Hodge was helping with TV Analysis when a young guy in passing casually handed Dan Hodge an Apple, it looked like a big Red Delicious. The Old Man Squeezed the Apple with his Right Hand for 10 Seconds until all the Juice had Run Out.

No comments: