Saturday, August 15, 2009

good talk

They're saying that Rick Pitino will have a hard time Recruiting now that his dalliance with a Woman in a Bar has been revealed, that the supposedly Relgious married Father of five will have a hard time Convincing College Prospects to attend Lousiville. I say that this will give Pitino Street Cred and enhance his Recruiting Ability. Jerry Tarkanian, the long-time Basketball Coach at UNLV, is at "77" in Tuff Shape. Back in Ohio in the early 70's We used to lay on our little beds during the Winter and read with Awe of this Program-Builder at Long Beach State whose Teams were threatening those of John Wooden at UCLA. I'm still Wondering how Tark got Eddie Ratliff, his 2 Time All-American, to go there. Ratliff and Dwight Lamar at Southwest Louisiana State were both 1st Team All-Americans and teammates at Columbus East. I'm wondering the Same Thing about Lamar. Before Tark came to UNLV Las Vegas was only known as Sin City, after Tark they were known for something that was held in High Esteem, a long-time Very Successful Basketball Program. Jerry's Mother had fled on horseback from a burning village in Armenia after having seen her Father and Brother beheaded by the Turks. The sad-eyed Coach always came across as a Survivor in his long battle with the NCAA and even his own College President, hopefully he'll continue in this as Jerry Tarkanian is a great Las Vegan. In late February I sent Cox Cable a $30 payment for the coming month's Internet and I wrote on that Thing that you send in with the Payment that I wanted Internet Service discontinued on March 9 and to give me a Credit. Most people would think that this would suffice but I return to this Country, get my mail and learn that Cox Cable had continued supplying me with Internet Service at this Apartment that I had vacated. I called Cox and they said that I should have called it in instead of writing it on the Invoice and that they were entitled to keep my $50 deposit as well as giving me no credit for that part of the month that I was out of the Country. I complained to the Nevada Public Utilities Commission and they wrote me that they couldn't Reason with Cox and I should get another Internet Service. A friend of me told me that Cox continued to bill his Father even though he had told them that his Father had died, even going to their Office 4 Times and once taking in a Copy of his Father's Death Certificate. He dropped Cox. The Las Vegas Better Business Bureau told me that they'd had 205 Complaints about Cox over the past 3 Years. Cox Cable is the 3rd Largest Company of its kind in the Country but comes across as a Lax and Dishonest Stable. I have no money to give Cox that they don't deserve and will continue in my Efforts to gain a Just Resolution.

No comments: