Thursday, September 12, 2013

good talk

Congrats to Jerry Tarkanian who was just inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield.  My father, Bob Preusse, was on the Goodyear Wingfoots who are prominently featured in the Hall, as late as 1964 four Wingfoots were on the Gold-Medal Winning U.S. Olympic Basketball team, Larry Brown.  All-Time Brazilian Great, Oscar Schmidt, was also inducted, a 5-Time Olympian Oscar is considered one of the best Amateurs ever.  Oscar said that when he practiced his shooting he always had his wife rebound for him....That's why I married her..... This past Saturday Night I saw UNLV play the U. of Arizona in football, expected to make a game of it the Rebels lost at home 58-13.  Devante Davis of UNLV a big wide-receiver caught a 10 yard pass in traffic and outran everybody for a 69-yard touchdown to make it 17-6, Devante played real well.  They flubbed the extra point.  I enjoyed the evening going-out and watching all the people and all the football but from the 2nd Half on I saw a steady stream of angry-looking Men walking out, I wouldn't want to get in their way for the rest of the night.                 

No comments: