Thursday, September 26, 2013

good talk

From Kiev my next destination was Berlin, a long way, and I could only get there quickly was by train to Warsaw and then buy a ticket for B.  Kiev made me buy a sleeper ticket when I preferred to sit and there might be 3 others in there, this was an exorbitant $120 (travel in the East isn't like the West).  I was in with a young couple he was pretty good she wasn't they got off an hour before Warsaw.  After they left I pushed up the Upper Berth he was on so I could have more room to sit on my Lower Berth, thinking I had secured the very heavy U.B. against the wall I sat and all at once I was on my knees on the floor with blood pouring down my poor face (now you're crying) for I hadn't done such a good job of securing the U.B. (hey, not used to it). After a while I was able to stop the bleeding and cleaned up but as I was getting off in Warsaw it started again a young guy ran up to me....You have a cut on your forehead.....What do you think I am a fool I know I have a cut on my forehead....You have to go to the hospital....I told him that it would abate and  be all right, he was a kind person (maybe I should have gotten it stitched once home I was showing off my scar but am tired of it). I cleaned up in the Terminal where the Poles sold me a seat in 2nd Class for the short ride to Berlin for an extortionate $90 despite seeming eager to see me get out of town.  Didn't a similar thing happen to me when I was in Cuba 3 years ago?                                   

No comments: