Tuesday, February 11, 2014

good talk

Las Vegas has a confusing street grid west of the Strip.  Many of their main roads are rutted such that you could see losing a wheel should you become engulfed.  Las Vegas like San Diego has allowed the taxpayers money to be used not for infrastructure but for public employees' salaries and pensions.  The nutty mindset prevalent in this Country has being gay as some great thing.  I don't see it that way, just think of the Bohemian things these people do with each other, I think of them as being unfortunate and their actions not to be emulated.  I'm certainly never doing any of this.  Ralph Kiner just died at "91."  Ralph led the National League in Home Runs 7 years in a row, tied 2 of these.  I used to be friends with Loren Kiner (said their last name in German meant "Barrelmaker"), Ralph's nephew, and they were close, Loren handled Ralph's memorabilia for him, a good and honest businessman, Loren was a blessing as he had the old guy's best interests at heart.  Loren said that Ralph's ex-wife had sold a major collectable of his without Ralph's knowledge or consent and that once the buyer learned of this he returned it to Ralph asking for no money back, saying.....I've heard that you shouldn't have something that doesn't belong to you....  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that Loren Kiner's ex-wife sold some of Ralph Kiner's memorabilia without his permission. I am Loren Kiner's ex-wife (one of them) and we have been divorced for twenty years. I find it difficult to believe that, after all these years, he would still be telling lies and that this lie is in a place where I can see it, as well as many others. I would appreciate it if you would remove your post. Thank you...

Pamela Kiner

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me...I read the original post in error...please remove my previous comment!