Thursday, February 6, 2014

good talk

I've been to Ireland thrice and the 2nd time I exited a supermarket in Dublin, once I had gotten 15 yards down the sidewalk I saw a nondescript brown object in my path.  I had no idea what it could be, I nudged it with my foot and then picked it up.  It was a purse and inside there were maybe 150 U.S. in Irish bills and maybe 100 coins of various worth as well as a few credit cards.  I went back inside the supermarket and asked a cashier for the manager, I looked up and a security guard was approaching me from a couple aisles away knowing my purpose.  He was a very tall, probably 6'6", clean-cut looking guy.  He looked through the purse....I'll need your name....You don't get my name (Somebody could say I had l0 thou Irish Pounds in there)....Okay... From the way I spoke the cashier and guard could tell that I was an American (I don't talk like a Canadian don't act like one either), it makes us look good,  I like 'em but a lot of the Micks finding this wouldn't be turning in any money. 

No comments: