Thursday, February 20, 2014

good talk

I took the Ferry to Holyhead and the bus to London, I stashed my bag at the bus station and went to the Victoria and Albert Museum, I had never been there.  The place is huge, 4 and a half mil items, the largest museum in the World for Decorative Arts and Design.  Opened by Queen Victoria in 1857, only acquired its current name in 1899.  It has everything, furniture, sculpture, paintings, glass-ceramics, jewelry---from all over the world.  Close by in S. Kensington is the Natural History Museum, which I had also never been to, both like all the London Museums are free and I wish I had visited previously.  Opened in 1881 it has 70 mil items of a vast range.  They have the 10 ton skeleton of a Blue Whale, now dig this, at 100 feet and 190 tons the Blue Whale is the largest animal to ever live on Earth (I sure didn't know that).  The tongue alone weighs 3 tons, currently there's 5-12 thou Blue Whales in the Oceans.  The Blue Whale skeleton was kept in storage for 42 years as they had no space to exhibit it.  I certainly enjoyed my 8 hour day at these 2 wonderful museums.  Around 8 P.M. I took the Underground out to Heathrow where I spent the night sleeping in a chair awaiting my morning flight to the U.S., I don't race out to the airport as I'm already there and I ask you, My Friends, how much did this cost me.  Hopefully you enjoyed reading of my Trip, Travel is exciting and astonishing.  

No comments: