Wednesday, February 10, 2016

good talk

This year's SuperBowl was a heck of a good game, I had nothing on it unlike last year, so I could relax and enjoy it.  I'm happy for Peyton Manning, he can go-out on a high-note, I read the game was dull, certainly not, as the Panthers battled so hard throughout, that I could have seen them breaking a couple of scores late.  Last year, I saw it at Scott's house, his parents retired from San Diego, and live there, and his Mom prepared a tasty repast.  Scott accused me of taking more than my share of the meat, well, what if I did, as the guest shouldn't I be getting the lion's share?  See my Blog for Feb. 1, 2009. 10 minutes ago, a guy, knowing I went to Ohio State, told me that Randy Hart announced his retirement as an asst. football coach at Stanford.  I told Ollie that I had known Randy Hart at OSU, a big, friendly, upbeat guy, Randy was a college football coach for 46 years, no great player for the Buckeyes, Randy had great success coaching at Ohio State, Notre Dame, Stanford, and elsewhere.  Randy's girlfriend was cute, petite, she reminded me of an elf, I'll bet he married her.  I wish Coach Hart a happy retirement.  Rocky Bleier was signing autographs at The Orleans and Gold Coast, a good-player for the Steelers when they won 4 SuperBowls, Rocky had been Notre Dame's captain, played a year for the Steelers in 1968, but was then drafted into the Army.  In Vietnam, on August 20, 1969, Rocky's unit came under fire, and Rocky was wounded by a bullet, and a grenade tore-away part of his right-foot.  Rocky was awarded a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.  Very few NFL players ever went to Vietnam, and the Steelers worked-with Rocky to restore him to playing-shape, and after 2 years he again made the team, and became a valuable-player enhancing their great-success.  Almost "70," we're glad to see that Rocky is doing so well.  

No comments: