Sunday, November 10, 2013

good talk

I've been misspelling Names due to the TV Media's confusing me, they know no bounds.  I've been to Gibraltar near Algeciras, Spain, 2.6 sq. mi. popul. of 30 thou, it's been British in Perpetuity since 1713, a little dot which controls the Straits of Gibraltar, a Fortress during WW 11 and former major base of the British Royal Navy. A lot of its Economy is based on cut-rate cigarettes and liquor, I bought a bottle of good Scotch, cheap.  The Rock of Gibraltar rises a quarter-mile and is the only high ground around there.  There's a Lift, an elevator, that goes all the way to the top and I took this the View is breath-taking.  Once I descended I was talking to the Lift-Operator who was retired Royal Navy and I mentioned the Barbary Apes which are like big monkeys and are running and swinging about all over the place.  There was this English Family standing there waiting to use the Lift and 2 of them were these little blonde kids a boy and a girl and I said to this guy why don't we feed the Apes one of these kids and maybe they'll leave us alone (I always have to have my little joke), he replied.....They do like a bit of meat on occasion....And these 2 little kids were squirming about panicky thinking this might be one of them's Fate.  And their Father was glaring at me and I wasn't even the one who had made it worse, gee what a Grouch. 

No comments: