Thursday, June 16, 2016

good talk

I went to the SuperSport at 805 and Balboa on Sunday. They've got all these TV's in the locker-room, and they were talking about the Orlando shootings, I voiced a couple of opinions.  And this one guy took exception to what I said, he started rambling-on, I said, we don't need to have a conversation, but he persisted, he even said that my opinions mirrored those of "Fox News."  20 years ago, I dismissed anything on Fox News as mindless blabber, I never watch it except for a few seconds when I'm channel-surfing, I don't know what they say about anything, but I really doubt if it's similar to what I might be saying.  Then he cursed me, I replied in kind.  I thought we were going to knuckle-city (he was bigger and more muscular), but he didn't say anything else.  Then a week before, I was in the steam-bath, and I was talking to this real-good man who said he had just joined 24 Hour Fitness recently so that he could use the steam-bath 6 or 7 times a month, as the athletic-club where he played raquetball (this club has 2 courts, I guess not enough to suit him) didn't have one. We were talking and he was giving well-informed opinions about politics, and this Hispanic started saying nonsensical things, and insulted him, with the man derisively addressing him as "Pal."  The weaker-minds are buckling under the strain.  In today's paper, CVS is a huge drugstore-chain, and they awarded a young-employee, Angel Gonzalez, a scholarship to further his education, there was a picture of Angel flanked by his store-manager and another manager, and the 3 were holding up a giant check, it was for $200             

No comments: