Wednesday, June 29, 2016

good talk

I went to the Del Mar Fair, last year the 4th most-attended Fair in the country, I was told that Minnesota's is 1st.  I stayed all-day, 11 to 9.  I like it all, the animals, those Boer Goats I was petting are meat-goats, makes me feel-bad.  They have some great-products and people spend a lot of money.  I spent $325, I was sitting there when they were talking to a lady, I said ...I'm gonna buy one..., I told her that I was a shill, and that I sat there all-day saying...  They have Oldies entertainment, but real-good, I saw and heard B.J. (Billy Joe) Thomas, almost "74," who had a lot of great hits in the 60's and 70' (Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head), and he sang 'em all, and he sounded so good, just like I'd hear on the radio, Billy Joe gave an energetic and well-received performance, we crowd were real-happy.  I saw the "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band," and they announced that Ralph Stanley, of the Bluegrass "Clinch Mountain Boys," had died that day at "89."  Ralph gained fame late in life, winning a Grammy in 2002 for his surreal "O Death," from the multi-platinum soundtrack of the 2000 movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou."  2 alumni of the CMB are Ricky Skaggs and one of my favorites, Keith Whitley.  Gracie Slick (b. Oct. 30, 1939), (See My Blog for Oct. 29, 2015) altho not at the Fair herself, had an extensive exhibit of her paintings, from $2500 on up.  Basically giving-up her Rock Career in the late 80's, Gracie began doing visual arts, and is today, a popular-artist.  Interestingly, the 2016 Del Mar Fair, has as its theme, "Alice In Wonderland."                ...And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind, is moving low...         

No comments: