Thursday, October 6, 2016

good talk

I had a scrapejob recently.  And Jan told-me that while my plaque wasn't too-bad, that I had tartar on my lower front-teeth, I don't know-why.  The only way to rid-yourself of tartar is by having it scraped-off by a dental-hygienist, and some are better than others. Dentists have said, Jan is excellent, yes, yes indeed.  My dentist's parents are from Nigeria, he's from here, he speaks same as me.  Although youngish, he's the head of a big-clinic, I haven't had a cavity since the 90's, after reading my X-rays and briefly examining my mouth, there's not much for him to do.  He takes a respite from his duties and we sort-of hang-out mostly talking about boxing, Nigerians love boxing (say, Dick Tiger), and his Dad raised-him on it.  There's a megafight, Nov. 19, at the new T-Mobile Arena, in Las Vegas, and he's taking his boy to it, Sergey Kovalev (30 wins, 26 by KO, and a draw, which is on a technicality, as the fight was stopped in the 6th Rd. due to his opponent unable to continue due to a foul), takes-on also undefeated Andre Ward (30 wins, 15 KO's), at 175 lbs (light heavyweights).  I won't be in town, I'd like to see-it, any seat is a good seat.  He and I agreed that before Obama leaves office that he should Pardon Bernard Hopkins, who has led a prominent and exemplary-life since getting-out-of Graterford at "23".  Hopefully, I've stoked enthusiasm for what would be, unlike many, a popular-move for Barack.  Nobody thought that the Cavaliers would win the NBA Championship after being-down 3-1, but LeBron's resolve was deep and it infected the other Cavs, such that LeBron was able to force his will on the Warriors, a truly-impressive feat.  No one has ever spoken of their love for their hometown as has LeBron for Akron, which is very-nice.  Harvey flew to Cleveland for the 1st and 2nd games of the Indians-Red Sox playoff-series, I tried to disguise my envy, possibly he noticed that I had turned-green     

No comments: