Thursday, October 9, 2014

good talk

I alr,eady have a lotta hits today, you people's yearn for me is real moving.  Bus to Puno, Peru, which borders Lake Titicaca, which I toured 7 years ago, at 214 cubic miles in volume, the largest lake in S.A. and at 12,500 ft. above sea level, the highest large lake in the World, it's divided between Peru and Bolivia.  Lotsa cheap flops right around the Bus Station, mine cost 10 bucks for a really nice room with great cable TV.  It was cold as heck and throughout my trip I only wore a ban-lon.  Got a bottle of cold Inca Cola and sat down at one of these outdoor places and saw the chicken fried before me, with rice and noodles a plate cost 1.50 U.S., I got 2 plates.  A lady asked me aren't you cold, I said I'm tough (I do this to inspire you people).  Bus next morning to the Bolivian Border where I paid $135, grudgingly, for a 5-year Visa.  Bus to La Paz, at 12 to 12,500 ft. the highest capital in the World, a fire won't burn long enough to torch a building due to lack of oxygen, pop. 1.4 mil, been there thrice.  The airport, Los Altos is 13,000 ft.  The people are mostly Aymara Indians.  Went to the Ethnographic and Folklore Museum, to the Archeological Museum.  Cathedral from 1835 (La Paz from 1548) is impressive.  Previously I had a Private Guided Tour of the Presidential Palace, Evo Morales has been President since 2006.  I was shown the 2nd Floor Window that Lt. Col. Gualberto Villarroel, the President by Coup in 1943, was thrown through on July 21, 1946. He was then dragged across the street and hung from a lamp-post which is preserved to this day (weirdest thing I've even seen).  Next to it is the Legislative Palace and a real nice Black Girl, Alita, who went to College and was an Intern (only Black Person there), gave me a Private Tour.  I went into both Houses of Legislature and all over.  There was some commotion as a Delegate had dropped dead that morning, his body was laid on a table with flowers on it.  Alita had beautiful eyes, like an Egyptian Painting.  I stayed at Hotel Sajama, sajamahotel@hotmail.com, and had a real nice room for 38 U.S.  My last night I got a large pizza and headed back to my room but stopped at the desk and told the girl to take 2 slices, a quarter. She happily accepted, for some reason she lifted the slices but didn't pull them away from the box and I wanted to keep my pizza hot ...Hurry Up...  The Internet Current, what do we want for nuthin' ...

No comments: