Wednesday, January 21, 2015

good talk

"Foxcatcher" was finally showing closer than 20 miles away and I saw it.  The screenplay is, hmm, okay, the acting is real good.  It's a Man's Movie, go with your buddy, man, it's sad.  I saw Deontay Wilder win the WBC Heavyweight Championship, I thought Bermane Stiverne did pretty well, I didn't think he was shut-out.  He avoided being knocked-out unlike Wilder's previous 32 opponents.  Perhaps do better on another night.  The first Heavyweight Championship Fight at the MGM since the "Real Meal" Tyson-Holyfield in 1997.  Congratulations to the 4 UNLV Undergraduates of the "Accounting REBEL-ation" Team who Dec. 17 won the "2014 American Institute of Certified Public Accountants" Competition in D.C. over 139 other College Teams.  Last Week at the gym I heard Gregg Allman's "I'm No Angel" which I hadn't heard in years, that sure is a fine tune.  They often play that 70's Drug-Music which we all like so good.  Our Yoga Instructor is a real-nice little S. Korean girl, Jeannie, who works at the Cosmopolitan in the VIP, she also teaches a few Yoga Classes.  On Sat., at the end when they have you lay on your back with your tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth for best-breathing, Jeannie was playing a violin-duet called "a Secret Garden," a man and a woman violinist, that sure is pretty, I could listen to that all day.

No comments: