Monday, January 12, 2015

good talk

While my Father was Overseas during WW 11, a girl who had wanted him would always be sending him cookies.  You don't want some other girl sending things to your husband, my Mother referred to her as "Cookie."  Like so many, I've toured "Graceland" and that was really-good, the Tour ends at the Graves of Elvis and his Parents, Vernon and Gladys.  And I've been to the house in Tupelo where Elvis was born, I think a big complex, now, then, just the house.  The "Shotgun Shack," so called because it was only 2 side-by-side rooms, I don't mean bedrooms, rooms.  Elvis' twin-brother, Jesse, was still-born, and is buried in Tupelo.  When Elvis was young, his father, Vernon, went to prison for about a year for Forgery.  Some deal where some guy gave Vernon a check for something and Vernon thought it should have been more and he put a "One" or something in front.  Nothing too bad, but the Law frowns on this.  I asked the Lady who attended the house if Elvis was part-Indian as he seemed to be maybe a quarter.  She, too, hadn't heard, but she agreed with me ...He sure looked-it...

No comments: