Wednesday, July 1, 2015

good talk

The persistent little kid who sold the winning lottery ticket in The Treasure of ... was Robert Blake.  As always when I'm in Egypt I go to Giza, just took local transpo, its right outside of Cairo.  I want to do it differently each time, the last I rode about on my sweet camel, Miken, this time I wanted a beautiful Arabian. Jamil, the most beautiful guy you can imagine, a beautiful face and body, was introduced to me (Jamil is Arabic for beautiful).  But these good-lookin' guys are going to do what they want to do, realizing a weak-rider, Jamil threw himself on his side as he'd rather relax than work.  He threw himself on my right leg, the horse was heavy.  Jamil was soon righted and acting a proper horse, Ali, my guide, who was also mounted, said that with a horse you have to be stern and smack it upside the haid, I can't do it.  Cheops, the largest of the 3 great pyramids is, 4500 years later,  the heaviest man-made object. Chephren, is the 2nd largest, and I had made my way inside both to the Pharoah's burial-chamber, but I had yet to do Mykerinus, the 3rd largest.  After riding and walking around the 3 pyramids, and that's a whole lotta fun, I approached the entrance to Mykerinus, the guy who worked there told me that I couldn't bring a camera inside to Pharoah's burial chamber, I said that I should be allowed to as I wasn't going to take any pictures, he raised his shirt to reveal a pistol, oh.  So I made my way inside and now I've been in the Pharoah's burial-chamber of all 3.  A lot of people have been killed climbing the great pyramids, including a U.S. Marine, it's ancient-weathered stone, and illegal anyway.  At Mykerinus, it was pointed-out a large pool of congealed blood of a German guy, this only 2 hours before.  I went inside the museum of the Khufu Ship, this wonderful-offering had been buried there.  I got close to the  Sphinx, I rode about, dismounting to examine the little pyramids and the workers' houses,  I rode-about and looked at this and that. It was wonderful-day, at the end I wanted to buy, wash, and feed the horseys a couple apples apiece, but there were none to be had          

No comments: