Friday, July 10, 2015

good talk

I took the bus from Cairo to Luxor, arriving around 7 A.M., they just dumped-us-out way on the outskirts and I had to pay 10 U.S. for a long taxi-ride to the train-station where I thought there'd be people who could hook-me-up for a good hotel-room.  Yeah, Ahmed Omad of discoverytours 2000 @yahoo.com got me a real-nice room at the 4-Star Lotus Hotel, my balcony looked right-on the Nile, for 35 U.S., breakfast included, I also ate dinner there, a good dinner for 2 U.S., I'd have 2, yum, yum (I needed calories and sustenance).  I slept some on the bus, and felt fine, I went out to the fab Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, they threw me out of the Karnak as it closed at 6, I had seen it thoroughly (I let things absorb into me).  The next day I proposed to a taxi-driver that he drive me over to the east bank and the Valley of the Kings, driving me around for 10 hours for 40 U.S.  He accepted and everything went hunky-dory.  I've been to Egypt 5 times, but Luxor only 4 times, every time I've gone to Luxor I've hooked-up with a taxi-driver to drive me around in the Val of the Kings all day, lots of them will do this. 99% of the tourists to Luxor are nerdy-types who get led-around in a tour-bus seeing very little, I see everything.  My driver was Yassar Mohammad, and he was beautiful and great, he can be reached at 002-010-615-094-14.  I was in the 11 Tombs that were open in the Valley of the Kings, inc. King Tut's, the smallest.  I was in the Ramesseum Temple, Temple of Merenptah, the Habu Temple, Temple of Seti I, and Temple of Hatshepsut.  The 2nd time I was in the V of the K, I was in the T of Hatshepsut and had gone behind an area that was roped-off indicating no admittance.  Some Egyptian guy saw me doing this and said that if don't give-him some big Baksheesh (literally, a sharing of the wealth), that he'd get the Tourist Police to arrest me and put me in jail.  I told him to have sex with himself, and while he ran over to get the Police, I walked-over to my driver and said, let's leave (I had seen everything not roped-off), and we just drove-on to the next Temple.  Such incidents are rare in my travels.  And this time I  saw 6 of the most beautiful of the Tombs of the Nobles.  I bought beautiful, alabaster things to give to people, at Zalat&Hand Made. Before I left town the next day, I went to Luxor Museum (I think I should have reversed east and west bank, you clever Readers can figure it out)   

No comments: