Wednesday, July 15, 2015

good talk

Had McKayla acted right, I would have taken her with me, and from being around me and the enjoyment of the trip, she'd have no maladies.  The first time I was in the Valley of the Kings I rode-in on a donkey, well, I'm a humble-guy.  Me and the donkey were about the same size, and I felt bad about riding him, I thought, maybe we could walk side-by-side, or he could ride-me for a while.  Now you're being silly.  Later I did the taxi-thing.  10 hours wasn't enough time to see everything well.  The next day I went to the Luxor Museum, which was real good, and right-across from there is a ferry-boat that crosses the Nile with a couple-hundred people on it, costs about a nickel (the bridge has only been there for 9 years).  Once on the West Bank, I rented a bicycle for 6 hours, I do this every-time I'm in Luxor, and I ride and ride, lotsa wide-open spaces, whole lotta fun.  The day before, I only had time to give a cursory-look at the Temple of Hatshepsut and the beautiful 6 Tombs of the Nobles, I rode to these and absorbed.  As I rode-along, a lot of people waved, it's real-pleasant.  Egypt is unbeatable, but if you little boys and little girls are afraid of your own shadows, then you have to stay-home and drink milk, mother's milk.  My bus to Cairo didn't leave until 10 that night, and after my fun-day, I returned to the Lotus Hotel as it was getting dark, as I had left my bag there, and once again, I had 2 fine dinners, something else that McKayla would have liked.  I took the bus to Cairo and changed buses and headed to Sharm-el-Sheikh, the Egyptians' resort on the Red Sea, where I had never been. As you're going across the Sinai, it's like moonscape, but very-pleasant viewing, you see families of wild-camels, herds of wild-goats, it's real neat.  In Sharm-el-Sheikh, I stayed at the 4-Star Coral Hills Hotel, 40 U.S. a day, incl. is a killer-buffet-breakfast.  S el S is known for diving, but their swimming is ok, at the beach there were some women in the water wearing black burqas, a real fun-atmosphere for all.  Mothers put a whole lot of effort into having their girls dress and look pretty, before they have to wear a hijab on their hair and austere-clothing at "14."  The pools at the Coral Hills were quite good.  After a couple days I took the bus to Taba to cross into Israel.

No comments: