Tuesday, July 28, 2015

good talk

Abdullah was a nice guy and I'd like to bump into him yet again, and we hope that Muhammad benefited from the Pilgrimage.  It was Abdullah who said that Hebron is where the Abraham-Isaac thing played-out, no, their tombs are there, the Dome of the Rock is where Abraham was going to sacrifice Isaac, it's also where Muhammad ascended into Heaven.  I went to the Western Wall (Wailing Wall) which is the retaining-wall of the 1st Temple, in the past they've had paper yamulkes for the men, but this time, linen, and I kept mine as a souvenir, it's men on the left, women on the right.  I did the City beneath the Wall tour, never had done this, you go down a tunnel maybe 50 feet below and there's the remnants of the original Jerusalem, it's a pretty good tour and popular, you usually have to make reservations.  I walked the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa, the Way of Sorrows) where Jesus walked on his way to his crucifiction, the last 5 of the 14 are inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, there you can touch the rock the Cross was put-into, also there 's the Tomb of Jesus, I've been in there all 5 times I've been to Jerusalem, the 3rd time I felt all that Sin coming out of me, not humble enough the other times, I suppose.  I walked-up to the top of the Mount of Olives, and walked back down to the Gardens of Gethsemane, where Jesus sweated blood and was arrested.

No comments: