Thursday, July 24, 2014

good talk

I've Googled everybody I've ever known, and recently I saw where a friend of mine from 40 years ago back in Ohio is dead.  This guy (a Vet of the 82nd Airborne, paratroopers are often rough people) had a long list of "Assault and Batteries," I eventually dropped him as when we went out he was always trying to start trouble.  The last time I saw him he had been fighting with Negroes and he had done things to them and they had broken his right forearm, it was in a cast.  I didn't have to wonder who started it.  But he was smart and could be personable with a good sense of humor.  Once while I was there he was telling some guys that I was the best guy in the world to get high with, he thought I was funny.  I was really suprised to see that he died at "49," I would have thought "39."  But we had run together and been friends and to see in print that Don was dead made me feel bad.   

No comments: