Friday, July 18, 2014

good talk

Monday, after doing my pretty Blog, I went to see the NBA Summer League, such a good time.  There were 2 games going in the Thomas-Mack and the connected Cox Arena more or less at the same time, that is at or around 1 P.M., 3 P.M., 5 P.M., and 7 P.M.  One could see half a game of 8 of them.  I saw Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker (played good), Aaron Craft from my Ohio State and oodles of other Stars to be, and all this for $28.  In the Cox, which seats only 5 thou, you're right on top of the action.  Adam Silver is a long drink of water in his own right, looks like an energetic, friendly, upbeat type of guy you'd like to shoot the breeze with.  Steve Kerr is the new coach of the Warriors.  On 5 NBA Champions, Steve is the NBA's All-Time Leader in 3-Point Percentage.  It's said that anybody can take a jump shot, but not like that, Kerr brought in instant points.  I've been on the Campus of American University in Beirut, in 1982 Steve's Dad, Malcolm Kerr, the President, was assassinated by the Hezbollah.  I was talking to a Christian Arab Professor about Steve Kerr and he said Ann (Steve's Mother) was telling me about that, were you just talking to her?  I said I don't know Mrs. Kerr.  For a lot of it I was sitting next to a big middle-aged guy who had brought his daughter with him.  He had played college ball at a minor level.  His daughter was a pretty, little girl, and the guys who threw stuff up into the stands were throwing it to her.  He told me, she's very shy, and that was why he was sending her down to get the players' autographs, and the ones she got were elaborate, with the player's number and something like "Study Hard in School."  She was spending the day with her Dad and getting all this good stuff, did you girls have a Sweet Daddy?  He was a good conversationalist, I wouldn't mind bumping into them yet again.  

No comments: