Monday, July 7, 2014

good talk

I was just in Barstow, Ca., it's sort of a midway stopping point between San Diego, L.A. and Las Vegas, a place to gas-up and maybe stay in a motel.  The residents of Barstow, the locals, seem to be in-breds (...you're a good sister ...).  I just re-read my Brother, Bob's, article on Jeff Buxton in the October, 2012 Amateur Wrestling News, Bob is the High School Editor.  It's very uplifting and you people need to be uplifted.  I asked my friend Brad Jacot (pron. jah-coe, French) who went to the U. of Washington on a wrestling scholarship compiling a record of 80-7 (two-thirds of scholarship athletes are a waste of money, not so with Brad) what he would rate Bob's article, I thought the content was real good but his writing style not so much, so I figured a C plus, but Brad said he'd give it an "A."  As Brad has taught high school English for 30 years I have to take his opinion. When I was in High School there was a guy who I didn't get along with or like.  When I was "26" I was walking around at a mall with this chick and we came upon this same guy and he was selling insurance at the mall for Prudential, he started talking to me addressing me as "Buddy," he and I weren't buddies.  Also he asked me if I was married to the chick I was with, she was just the best I could do at the moment, and I didn't like that either.  Anyway, this guy is trying to "Friend" me on Facebook, good grief.  

No comments: