Thursday, July 3, 2014

good talk

On Tuesday I had a colonoscopy, my 4th.  My father died 41 years ago from the effects of Colon Cancer, colonoscopies weren't in vogue back then unfortunately for him, he was "63."  So it behooves me to get one every 5 years.  The previous 3 were done under mild anesthetic, and I enjoyed them as I got to see my own colon in living-color, it was neat, and when you have an IV of Joyjuice you don't care what they do to you.  This past colonoscopy was done without any anesthetic, since I had no one to drive me home they wouldn't give me one otherwise and I knew I needed to get this done.  It was horrible, they took a 3-foot cable and shoved ....  I'll never get another without the Joyjuice.  They found a medium-size polyp and cut it out, it's being biopsied for possible Cancer, it's probably benign.  To make sure they got it all they want me to have another in 6 months (they tattooed my colon where the polyp was, yeah), but it's gonna hafta be, you know.  The VA does everything for me medically except wipe my chin, they're very thorough.  The appointment of Bob McDonald who was CEO of Procter & Gamble, as the new Director of Veterans Affairs sounds like a masterstroke, have somebody do it who can wisely handle a budget of 150 billion a year.   Many of you were upset at hearing that I had a colonoscopy without anesthetic, I appreciate your concern.    

No comments: